There are basically 2 types of window installation that we do: New Construction & Replacement Windows.
- New Construction window is when you are installing a window unit with an entire new window jamb (Frame). This is used in new construction where you are creating a new window opening. It is also used when the homeowner wants to remove the existing window sashes, window frame and mouldings complete and start new.
- New Construction windows, when installing as a replacement of an existing window, will require more work on the inside & outside of the home, along with additional cost in materials.
- A New Construction window, however, can be a more cost-effective install method when there is no existing window and you are creating a new window opening.
- Replacement window units can be a very simple cost-effective method of installation.
- A Replacement window install typically requires removing the window sashes only and setting the new replacement wind into the existing Jamb (Frame).
- The replacement window is custom fitted into the existing jamb. Once set in foam, is applied where the replacement window meets the jamb.
- With a replacement window install you have the option of leaving the existing interior stop mouldings or replacing with new.
- The exterior existing window jamb with typically get capped over with a PVC coated aluminum trim. This will protect the existing exterior wood frame and give a complete finished look to the new window install.
- Whether you choose to install New Construction or Replacement windows, if installed properly the insulation R-Value should be fairly the same for both methods.
Would you like to Build your Dream Home with Us? Enquire Here